Charity – ING Run For Something Better
Childhood obesity has become a serious health concern across the nation. ING Run For Something Better is tackling the issue by helping kids become fit through free, school-based running fitness programs. Each program is capped off with a fun culminating running event involving the school, or even the larger community. To make it all happen, we’re awarding grants to schools and we’re working with community partners like KiDS ROCK and Competitor Group Inc. to create exciting race day events.
To make these school programs possible, ING Run For Something Better works with community partners to provide much needed grants through your fundraising efforts and donations. As a result, together we’re getting kids on the move and on the road to physical fitness.
The mission of the nonprofit program, ING Run For Something Better, is to prevent obesity in children by making fitness opportunities available in schools. We want to introduce kids to the benefits of running and physical fitness and empower children with the means to achieve a healthy lifestyle that they can maintain for the long term. And we’re making it fun for kids, too!
ING Run For Something Better is managed by the ING Community Fund, Inc., an accredited 501(c)(3) charity.
To find out more visit www.orangelaces.com
By joining the Orange Laces Nation, you can raise money while running a marathon or half marathon to support kids participation in school-based running fitness programs with ING Run For Something Better. It’s easy to get started, and you’ll receive everything you need to meet your fundraising goal and earn great rewards along the way. Visit www.orangelaces.com/fundraising to learn more about becoming a fundraiser today!
Join our team and you’ll get everything you need to start fundraising for kids’ school-based running programs:
- Guaranteed entry for one of our featured races (listed below)
- Technical training shirt and ING orange laces
- Free customized online training plan from Active.com! ($29.99 value)
- Personalized fundraising webpage and tips to help you succeed
- Lots of cool Orange Laces Nation rewards for reaching fundraising milestones along the way!
Sign up to get your ING Orange Laces Charity Race fundraising page now and start empowering children to change their lives!
Visit Orange Laces Nation to learn more about fundraising in your area.
We need YOU to join the team to fight childhood obesity! Check out the staggering statistics below and make a commitment today to make a difference:
- Obesity rates in the U.S. have tripled in the past 30 years
- The prevalence of obesity among children aged 6-11 years increased from 6.5% in 1980 to 19.6% in 2008
- The prevalence of obesity among adolescents aged 12 to 19 years increased from 5.0% to 18.1% in the same time period