We’ve got some great recipe ideas that are not only nutritious but fun and easy to make as well! View all recipes
Great Snack Ideas!
Who wants to take a dip?
Slice up an apple and dip it in peanut butter or get some carrot and celery sticks, cucumber and bell pepper slices, sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes and dip ‘em in some lowfat Ranch dressing, nutritious hummus, bean dip or salsa.
Baked tortilla chips and whole wheat crackers or pita triangles are perfect dippers too!
Use half an English muffin, a whole pita or a tortilla as a pizza crust. Smear on a bit of tomato sauce, sprinkle it lightly with low fat mozzarella cheese, and top with chopped vegetables, and a little bit of lean meat if desired.
Heat for a few minutes in the toaster oven or microwave, and then cut the pizza into teeny-tiny triangles – YUMMY!
Chillin’ Out with Some Grapes!
Frozen grapes are cool like popsicles and sweet like candy, but they’ve got plenty of vitamins and fiber too!
Want to know more?
- Beat the back-to-school lunch blahs with these fresh, healthy and kid-approved ideas
- Help kids get a healthy start to school year
- Serve up spuds for a healthy meal in minutes
- An artful way to get kids to eat veggies
- Lifestyle Changes Can Lead to Better Performance in School
- Overweight Kids Risk Weak Bones, Diabetes