ING KiDS ROCK D.C.
Stay tuned for next year’s ING KiDS ROCK D.C. event date and registration opening!
About ING KiDS ROCK D.C.
Kids can be part of Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Marathon weekend excitement by participating in ING KiDS ROCK D.C..
ING KiDS ROCK, is a non-timed, non-competitive event for children in grades K – 7! Kids can become marathon finishers on race day by completing a cumulative marathon training program in the weeks leading up to the race. Or, they can simply choose to run the 1-mile course on race day.
- Create a Team
- Event Details
- Registration Information
- Training Guide
- Health & Fitness Expo / Packet Pick-Up
School/Team registration is now open. There is no additional fee to be a team, however you need a minimum of 10 registered participants. Being an official ING KiDS ROCK Team allows your team name to be listed in our registration system and allows you to pick-up your student’s race numbers and t-shirts. Please complete the online Intent To Form a Team Application.
For questions regarding team registration, please contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date - Thursday, March 14th, 2013
Time - 5:30 p.m.
Location - RFK Stadium
(click to enlarge)
There are three ways to register, for an ING KiDS ROCK event:
- Individual/School Paid Registration:-
-Entry fee: $15 prior to race weekend
- Entry fee Includes: Official ING Run For Something Better Training Guide, ING Kids Rockin’ Race T-shirt Official Race Number Colorful Finisher’s Medal Goodie Bag Post-Race Refreshments Paper entries accepted until March 8, 2013 or sell out. Online registration available until March 10, 2013 or sell out. Race day registration is NOT available. All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- School Scholarship Information School Scholarship Program ING KiDS ROCK and ING Run For Something Better(r) (ING RFSB) want to give back to schools in the communities where programs exist by extending scholarships to ING KiDS ROCK events for schools in need. Your school may qualify for a scholarship if it meets the requirements.
- School Fundraising Information School Fundraising Program – if your school does not meet the School Scholarship Program requirements and still seeks student assistance, you can apply to participate in a healthy fundraising program. Students can raise funds to support their miles accumulated by participating in the ING Run For Something Better Training program and earn their way to an ING KiDS ROCK event. Find out if your school meets the requirements.
Interested? Download the Entry Form!
Special Thanks to Chobani Champions!
Active kids need a snack that can keep up with them. That’s why we’re teaming up with the Champions Tour Bus to provide a snack that can keep you in the action. Made with real fruit, and loaded with protein, calcium, and vitamin D, Champions Tubes are perfect for any little athlete. The Champions Bus will be at the Washington, D.C. finish line keepin’ it real all afternoon long. Be sure to stop by the bus and grab a Tube to go. To check out all the tasty flavors, check out Chobani Champions on Facebook, or follow @Champions on Twitter.
Download the Official ING Run For Something Better Training Guide for ING KiDS ROCK. The training guide helps kids track their training. Parents, coaches and teachers use this to sign off on weekly training that will help kids reach their goal of his or her final mile. This guide is full of fun activities and great information in jump starting a healthy lifestyle!
Entertainment information will be posted closer to the event date.
All race numbers must be picked up at the Expo. Race number pick-up is not available on race day.
If you have formed an official team by completing the Intent to Form a Team Application, the team captain will be able to pick-up the entire team's bibs at the Expo.
Rock their World – Volunteer!
Help a kid rock from the start to the finish! We need volunteers to help assist on race day. Each volunteer will receive a T-shirt and goodie bag along with the satisfaction of helping a child finish a marathon! For more information or to sign up, visit http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/usa/volunteer.
Congratulations Jr. Rockstars
Thank you to the students who participated in the event last year! The inaugural race was a huge success and despite a few raindrops we saw smiles on kids faces as they finished their final mile at the D.C. Armory on Friday, March 16, 2012.
- E-mail: email@example.com